Job Title: Tax Supervisor/ Tax Manager
Location: New York, NY
Status: Full Time, Employee
Experience: 5-10 Years diversified tax experience and prior supervisory experience
Our mid-size accounting firm with a diverse client base seeks a motivated Tax Supervisor/ Tax Manager with significant experience in individual taxation, small and mid-size business accounting and taxation, and QuickBooks. Strong quantitative and analytical skills required for staff management and client relationships.
As a leading member on our tax services team, the Tax Supervisor/ Tax Manager will apply his/ her industry knowledge and experience to the following:
- Manage tax projects for multiple client engagements in a broad variety of industries.
- Provide proactive and personalized tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise directly to clients.
- Advise clients on tax strategies including tax minimization and profitability planning.
- Interface with legal, business and finance practices and comply with all applicable authorities to ensure seamless, timely, efficient and accurate tax compliance and information reporting.
As a Tax Supervisor/ Tax Manager, the candidate will:
- Manage and mentor staff accountants on tax and related projects.
- Review work prepared by associates and provide review comments.
- Develop and help drive in-house training initiatives.
Skills: Solid verbal and written communication
Excellent personnel development and delegation skills, including training/instruction
Ability to research complex tax issues.
Career Level: Tax Supervisor/ Tax Manager
CPA designation is a plus.
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Software: Computer literacy is a must, with a solid understanding of Microsoft office products, CCH Prosystem and QuickBooks.